Thursday, January 8, 2009

Our classroom now a newsroom

In this class we’re going to be working together sometimes producing content and sometimes editing content. Sometimes students will face deadline pressure, such as today's in-class exercise of taking the 2008 Dow Jones Editing Test. I want you to think of this room as your home base for the course. I want it to be your newsroom. So, thanks to my wonderful wife, Elaine, I have a sign for us that I'll put on the door while were in class to add a little character and ownership to this space.

Note, this online version doesn't include the Michigan State University-like green border that everyone so admired today. Also, to put to rest some conversation about who the intrepid reporter looks like (Some said he looks like Dr. Lewis), my wife said this evening she had me in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment