Wednesday, April 8, 2009

'Cleaning Your Copy' deadline

I have sent this out in a classwide e-mail, but I'm posting it here as another reminder:

“Hi all, Way back on Jan. 13, I assigned the free "Cleaning Your Copy" course at News University, and I gave no firm deadline for completion. Well, today is the day I'm setting one. This exercise should help everyone prepare for the final by getting you back in text-editing mode, so I'd like everyone to finish this as soon as possible but no later than midnight April 27. After you complete the course, you have an option of having NewsU sending me an e-mail of a course report. But there’s no need to wait that long (I also plan to provide time in class to work on this). Also remember, there's a reward in the extra credit contest to the first person to complete the course. Please let me know if you have any questions.

- Chris”  

P.S. This assignment is the last in-class exercise for the semester. Like several other in-class exercises, it's worth 100 points, but unlike the others half will be considered extra credit. I have decided to do this to give people a last-chance opportunity to improve their in-class exercise grade. But remember, if you don’t complete this assignment, it will be zero points. If you're wondering how your in-class exercise grade currently stacks up, I will be sending everyone an e-mail update very soon (It's 20 percent of the class grade).

No comments:

Post a Comment